- 2 tbsp. grass-fed butter
- 2-3 tbsp. white rice flour (or other flour)
- 4 cups turkey or chicken stock (or water)
- 1 leek, chopped (use both white and green)
- 1 tbsp. fresh sage, minced
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- ½ cup celeriac root, peeled diced (or 2 celery stalks, diced)
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 large yukon gold potato, diced
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cooked turkey pieces, diced
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
In a medium pot heat butter and flour and combine. Add stock and whisk with flour and butter until combined. Add leek, sage, rosemary, garlic, celeriac root, carrots, potato, and sea salt and pepper. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook 15-18 minutes. Add diced turkey and parsley. Cook additional 1-2 minutes. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker and Herbalist. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.