- 12-16 ounces skinless chicken parts (pastured or organic chicken)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into thick wedges
- 4-5 garlic scapes, diced (can use 2 garlic cloves instead)
- 2-3 large tomatoes, chopped (with juice), or 1 15 ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 5-6 olives, sliced thin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano or 1 tbsp. fresh oregano
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Parsley, minced
Combine olive oil and lemon juice and marinate chicken pieces 1-2 hours or overnight inside the refrigerator.
Heat a skillet and saute chicken (or tofu), with marinade, 4-5 minutes.
In a separate pan, saute onion, garlic scape, tomatoes, olives and oregano in a little bit of olive oil, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Combine the sautéed chicken and juices with the sauteed veggies.
Cover and cook on medium heat for 20-25 minutes.
Yields 4 servings.