- 12-16 ounces skinless chicken parts (pastured or organic chicken)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into thick wedges
- 4-5 garlic scapes, diced (can use 2 garlic cloves instead)
- 2-3 large tomatoes, chopped (with juice), or 1 15 ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 5-6 olives, sliced thin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano or 1 tbsp. fresh oregano
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Parsley, minced
Combine olive oil and lemon juice and marinate chicken pieces 1-2 hours or overnight inside the refrigerator.
Heat a skillet and saute chicken (or tofu), with marinade, 4-5 minutes.
In a separate pan, saute onion, garlic scape, tomatoes, olives and oregano in a little bit of olive oil, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Combine the sautéed chicken and juices with the sauteed veggies.
Cover and cook on medium heat for 20-25 minutes.
Yields 4 servings.
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker and Herbalist. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.
Some recipes and articles on this site may contain affiliate links to products we trust and love. The money received helps keep this website and all of its healthful and delicious content FREE to the public.