- 1 cup watermelon, cubed
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup baby arugula leaves
- 1 shallot, sliced thin (or ½ small red onion)
- 1 tbsp. fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp. fresh mint, sliced thin
- 1 & ½ tbsp. organic balsamic vinegar
- 3-4 tbsp. olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- Put watermelon chunks into a sieve and drain excess liquid 5-10 minutes.
- You can save this liquid and drink it as watermelon juice. Totally delish!
- In a large bowl combine watermelon, tomatoes, arugula and shallot slices.
- Add fresh oregano and mint leaves into the bowl.
- Whisk vinegar, olive oil, ¼ tsp. sea salt and black pepper, and drizzle on top of salad.
- Top with crumbled goat cheese (optional).
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker, Herbalist and best-selling author. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.
Some recipes and articles on this site may contain affiliate links to products we trust and love. The money received helps keep this website and all of its healthful and delicious content FREE to the public.