Yay, it’s asparagus season!
The fresh and tasty asparagus season is brief – from April until June (in the Northeastern United States). So, you’ve got three months to eat asparagus like crazy! You can start with this delicious recipe.
- Trim woody stems from asparagus and discard (1-2 inches from the bottom)
- Cut asparagus into 3 inch pieces
- Heat a pot with salted water (4-5 cups water + 1 tsp. sea salt) and bring to a boil
- Drop asparagus into the water for 1-2 minutes
- Remove from the water with a slotted spoon and drain in a colander
- In a salad bowl, combine radishes, shallot and warm asparagus
- Whisk vinegar, salt, oil, honey, and mustard
- Drizzle onto salad and serve