Yay, it’s asparagus season!
The fresh and tasty asparagus season is brief – from April until June (in the Northeastern United States). So, you’ve got three months to eat asparagus like crazy! You can start with this delicious recipe.
- Trim woody stems from asparagus and discard (1-2 inches from the bottom)
- Cut asparagus into 3 inch pieces
- Heat a pot with salted water (4-5 cups water + 1 tsp. sea salt) and bring to a boil
- Drop asparagus into the water for 1-2 minutes
- Remove from the water with a slotted spoon and drain in a colander
- In a salad bowl, combine radishes, shallot and warm asparagus
- Whisk vinegar, salt, oil, honey, and mustard
- Drizzle onto salad and serve
Andrea Beaman is a internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker and Herbalist. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching individuals and health practitioners how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.