Epstein Barr (EBV) is a highly contagious virus – even more so than Coronavirus.
It is part of the herpes family of viruses and one of the most common in the world, with almost the entire human population being exposed to it at some point in their life (90-95% of all people).
EBV is stealth.
It can establish “lifelong latency and intermittent reactivation after primary infection and with limited clinical symptoms in the majority of infected individuals, EBV has become ubiquitous in all human populations.”
But, there is a popular myth that EBV is the cause of thyroid disease – specifically hashimoto’s thyroiditis.
The question to ponder is… if EBV causes thyroid disease then why isn’t 90-95% of the population suffering from thyroid conditions?
The truth is, it takes more than just one factor to knock the thyroid out of balance.
- If nutrition is inadequate, the body will not have the elements needed to create thyroid hormone.
- If you are eating the right foods but they are improperly prepared this can inhibit the absorption of nutrients and limit the production of thyroid hormones.
- If stress is high, digestion shuts down and nutrients will not be properly absorbed.
- If someone is suffering from unresolved emotional trauma and stuck in a chronic fight or flight, the thyroid will naturally slow down or speed up the organism to preserve life.
- If someone is overworking and not getting adequate rest, this impacts the health of the kidneys and adrenals, and eventually the thyroid.
- If the immune system is weak, stealth viruses like EBV will eat away at the body’s energy reserves, compromising the thyroid.
- If the virus is hiding in the body’s organs and glands and growing in numbers, your immune system will attack it, contributing to autoimmune conditions like Hashimoto’s, Graves’ and Addison’s disease.
Having EBV can be one of the factors that contribute to thyroid disease BUT it is not the only factor.
The body needs more than just exposure to a virus to break down into a diseased state, otherwise, the entire population of the world, or at least 90-95% of us, would be diagnosed with thyroid disease due to EBV.
Get the facts, stop suffering, and start healing your thyroid condition.
-  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK47424/
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker, Herbalist and best-selling author. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.
Some recipes and articles on this site may contain affiliate links to products we trust and love. The money received helps keep this website and all of its healthful and delicious content FREE to the public.