Do you want to beat the summer heat?
Take a bite out of this Sweet and Spicy Summer Salad!
Sweet and Spicy Watermelon Salad
Author: Andrea Beaman
Recipe type: Salad
Cuisine: Food is medcine
Serves: 4 servings
- 4 cups watermelon cubed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced thin
- 4-5 basil leaves, sliced thin
- 4-5 mint leaves, sliced thin
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. local honey
- 2 dashes cayenne pepper
- Couple of pinches of sea salt
- Put the cubed watermelon into a sieve or colander and let the liquid drain for 15 minutes into a large bowl (don't throw that liquid away... drink it!).
- Thinly slice the jalapeno pepper.
- Put the watermelon, pepper, basil, and mint into a salad bowl.
- Whisk the lime, zest, oil, vinegar, honey, cayenne pepper and salt.
- Drizzle the dressing over the watermelon.