Do you want to beat the summer heat?
Take a bite out of this Sweet and Spicy Summer Salad!
- 4 cups watermelon cubed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced thin
- 4-5 basil leaves, sliced thin
- 4-5 mint leaves, sliced thin
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. local honey
- 2 dashes cayenne pepper
- Couple of pinches of sea salt
- Put the cubed watermelon into a sieve or colander and let the liquid drain for 15 minutes into a large bowl (don't throw that liquid away... drink it!).
- Thinly slice the jalapeno pepper.
- Put the watermelon, pepper, basil, and mint into a salad bowl.
- Whisk the lime, zest, oil, vinegar, honey, cayenne pepper and salt.
- Drizzle the dressing over the watermelon.
Andrea Beaman is a internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker and Herbalist. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching individuals and health practitioners how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.