When I pick up my CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) food share, I’m always excited to see what’s waiting for me.
Last week, amongst my portion of veggies, there were yellow and red tomatoes, fennel bulbs, red onions, and green peppers. As soon as I saw it I thought… “Gosh that would make a yummy salad.”
Vegetables of summer are bursting with flavor, cooling, and refreshing, and I love them.
So that’s what we have as the main base of this summer vegetable salad:
- Red and yellow tomatoes
- Green peppers
- Red onions
Simple and easy.
Just wash em’, chop em’ up, put em’ into a bowl, season with a yummy salad dressing, and drop in some feta cheese (optional, of course). I like the feta in this salad because it adds some salty and savory flavors into this dish.
- Peel the onion and slice in half. Then slice into thin crescents and place into a large salad bowl.
- Dice the tomatoes and put into a colander with a pinch of salt, and let the excess liquid drain out for a few minutes, and then add the tomatoes into the salad bowl.
- Seed the green pepper and chop into 2-3 inch pieces. Add pepper into the salad bowl.
- Cut off the outer portion of the fennel bulb and discard. Dice remaining bulb into bite-sized pieces and add to the salad.
- Add feta cheese into the salad.
- In a small mixing bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice, white wine vinegar and oregano. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Pour dressing onto salad and toss lightly.
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker, Herbalist and best-selling author. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.
Some recipes and articles on this site may contain affiliate links to products we trust and love. The money received helps keep this website and all of its healthful and delicious content FREE to the public.