- 1 tbsp. olive oil or grass-fed butter
- 1 large white onion, peeled and diced
- 3-4 yellow summer squash, chopped
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 4 cups chicken stock, vegetable stock or water
- Freshly ground black pepper
Saute onion in olive oil on medium heat 3-5 minutes. Add chopped summer squash, sea salt and chicken stock. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to simmer for 8-10 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove vegetables from liquid and puree in a food processor. Add back to the soup and adjust seasoning to taste. Garnish with a teaspoon of mint puree. See recipe below.
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 2-3 tbsp. water
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea Salt
Put mint, parsley and water into a food processor or blender and puree. Add olive oil and a pinch or two of sea salt and continue pureeing until smooth.