- 1/2 cup arame, soaked
- 1 cup water
- 1 large red onion, minced
- 2 ears fresh corn, kernels removed from the cob
- 1 cucumber, peeled and deseeded, diced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 7-8 fresh mint leaves, minced
- 3 tbsp. flax oil
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup or other sweetener
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
In a pot bring two cups water to a boil. Add drained arame to the boiling water. Cover and reduce heat to medium for 15 minutes. Remove arame and let drain. In a large bowl mix red onion, corn, cucumber, red pepper and cooked arame. Whisk together flax oil, lemon juice and zest, minced mint leaves, maple syrup, sea salt and black pepper. Pour dressing on top and marinate for 25-30 minutes.
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker and Herbalist. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.