- 2 cups brussels sprouts, halved
- 3-4 kale leaves, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/3 cup walnut oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp. honey
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup roasted walnuts, chopped
Put steamer basket in the bottom of a pot. Add water and bring to a boil.
Add brussels sprouts and steam for 5-7 minutes or until bright green. Remove brussels sprouts from the pot and repeat with kale for 3-5 minutes or until bright green and tender. Whisk walnut oil, white wine vinegar, dijon mustard, honey and shallot. Add sea salt and pepper to taste. In a large bowl combine brussels sprouts, kale, cranberries and walnuts. Dress with vinaigrette. Serves four.