I love beans!
I love them in chili.
I love them in soup.
I love them in dips.
And, I love them in salads.
If you love beans too, try this delicious salad with Roasted Summer Squash and Kidney Beans. It’s delish!
- 2 yellow summer squash, diced
- 2 cups kidney beans, cooked
- 1 fennel bulb, cleaned and chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced small
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 3 tbsp. organic red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. organic dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Coat squash with a small amount of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place squash onto a roasting pan and cook 25 minutes, uncovered.
- Remove squash from the oven and let come to room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl combine squash, beans, fennel, pepper, onion, and parsley.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine oregano, basil red wine vinegar and sea salt.
- Once salt dissolves, add mustard and olive oil, and whisk briskly to emulsify.
- Coat salad evenly.
Andrea Beaman is a internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker and Herbalist. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching individuals and health practitioners how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.