I love beans!
I love them in chili.
I love them in soup.
I love them in dips.
And, I love them in salads.
If you love beans too, try this delicious salad with Roasted Summer Squash and Kidney Beans. It’s delish!
- 2 yellow summer squash, diced
- 2 cups kidney beans, cooked
- 1 fennel bulb, cleaned and chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced small
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 3 tbsp. organic red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. organic dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Coat squash with a small amount of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place squash onto a roasting pan and cook 25 minutes, uncovered.
- Remove squash from the oven and let come to room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl combine squash, beans, fennel, pepper, onion, and parsley.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine oregano, basil red wine vinegar and sea salt.
- Once salt dissolves, add mustard and olive oil, and whisk briskly to emulsify.
- Coat salad evenly.