- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cups cooked black beans, or 2 cups rinsed and drained canned beans
- 4 cups veggie stock, chicken stock or water
- 1 tsp. Sea salt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a skillet, heat oil and sauté onion, garlic, and cumin 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add carrot, celery, bell pepper, jalapeno, black beans and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil, add sea salt, cover, and simmer over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Add cilantro to the soup at the end of cooking.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with polenta croutons.
- Pre-cooked polenta
- Coconut oil
- Sea salt
- Dice polenta into one-inch cubes and fry until lightly browned and crispy.
- Drain polenta croutons on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Season the croutons with a pinch or two of sea salt.
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker and Herbalist. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.