If you’ve got a head of cabbage sitting in your vegetable draw that is wilting away and not getting any action, try combining it with smoky hot spices.
I use this recipe any time I make homemade tacos.
The smoked paprika and spicy peppers gives a lackluster slaw that little kick it needs to be eaten by everyone.
- ½ head of cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, shredded or cut into thin matchsticks
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and sliced thin
- Juice of two limes
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- 2-3 dashes of your favorite hot sauce
- Use the shredding disc in a food processor for the cabbage. If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a cheese grater, or simply slice the cabbage thin.
- Repeat with the carrots and jalapeno peppers.
- Whisk the lime juice, mayonnaise, cilantro, sea salt, smoked paprika and hot sauce.
- Combine the seasoned mayonnaise with the cabbage and vegetables.
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker, Herbalist and best-selling author. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.
Some recipes and articles on this site may contain affiliate links to products we trust and love. The money received helps keep this website and all of its healthful and delicious content FREE to the public.