Tomatoes are the bomb dog diggity when it comes to juicy, succulent and hydrating foods.
You can certainly eat them all year round, but my favorite time is during the summer and at the height of the tomato growing season.
This salad below is simply… well… mostly tomatoes. That’s it!
What else do you need??
Not much to make this plate of juicy deliciousness come alive.
If you want more insight about tomatoes and how amazing (or how deadly) they are, check this article out: Do you think tomatoes are deadly or wicked?
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes
- 1-pint heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 7-10 small basil leaves
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin organic olive oil
- A couple of pinches of sea salt
- 1 pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Slice one of the heirloom tomatoes into thick round slabs and the other into thick crescents
- Halve most of the cherry tomatoes, and also leave some whole
- Arrange the tomatoes on a large serving plate
- Add the basil
- Whisk the vinegar and olive oil with sea salt and black pepper
- Drizzle onto the tomato salad and serve!
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker and Herbalist. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.
Some recipes and articles on this site may contain affiliate links to products we trust and love. The money received helps keep this website and all of its healthful and delicious content FREE to the public.