- 1 whole pastured chicken or chicken parts
- Sea salt, black pepper, cumin and cayenne
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil or peanut oil
- 2 cups white wine
- 15-ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 3-4 sprigs, fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 4-5 button or cremini mushrooms, cleaned and cut into chunks
- Season with sea salt and black pepper
- Parsley, chopped
Break down the chicken into smaller parts (wings, drum sticks, thighs – save the breasts for another dish, and freeze the carcass for stock).
Season chicken with sea salt, black pepper, cumin and a dash of cayenne pepper.
Heat oil in a deep frying pan and sauté chicken pieces until lightly browned on both sides.
Add white wine, tomatoes, water, thyme, garlic and onions. Bring all ingredients to a boil. Cover and lower heat to simmer for 40 minutes.
Add mushrooms, adjust seasoning, and continue cooking 20 minutes or until chicken easily falls off the bone.
Garnish with fresh parsley.
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker and Herbalist. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.