Sexual activity is what keeps everything in the world flowering and flourishing.
So, if your sexual relationship with your significant other is not blooming, it could mean your physical essence is waning. Fortunately, there are many foods and herbs that can enhance vitality, stimulate blood flow, and help us get our groove back like oysters.
Yep, it’s not just a myth. Oysters, and shellfish in general, are rich in zinc and vitamin B12 that supports immune health and boosts energy. And, if you’re feeling healthy and energized, you’ll naturally have stronger sex drive. Here’s a tasty Silky Oyster Chowder recipe to help you boost your libido:
- 2 strips naturally cured bacon (optional)
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp. old bay seasoning
- 2 medium-sized gold or white potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups chicken stock (or fish stock)
- 2 cups water (can also use water that is released from opening the oysters)
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1-2 carrots, diced
- 1 tsp. sea salt (or to taste)
- 8 oz. shelled whole oysters (can use canned + liquid from can)
- Black pepper
- 1/3 cup heavy cream (or milk)
- Parsley, minced
Cook bacon in a soup pot. Remove bacon from the pot, but reserve the bacon fat for sautéing. Saute onion 2-3 minutes in the bacon fat. Add celery and carrots, cover and continue sautéing 2-3 minutes. Add butter if you do not have enough fat. Add potatoes, chicken stock and fish stock (or water) and sea salt. Bring to a boil, reduce flame, cover and simmer on medium heat 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Add oysters and freshly ground black pepper and cook 3-4 minutes on medium heat. Finish with heavy cream. Garnish soup with crispy bacon pieces and minced parsley.