- 1/4 cup water
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 bunch broccoli, florets and stems (cut stems into thin rounds)
- 1 carrot, thin diagonals
- 1/2 pound wild shrimp, peeled
Add water and onion to frying pan and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add broccoli stems and carrots and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add broccoli florets, shrimp, and cover and steam 2-3 minutes. Pour Spicy Garlic Sauce (recipe below) into the frying pan. Cover and cook on medium heat 4-5 minutes.
Spicy Garlic Sauce
- 3-4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. hot pepper sesame oil
- 1-2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 3 tbsp. shoyu
- 1 tsp. hot pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp. kuzu root starch or arrowroot (+3 tbsp. water)
Mix all ingredients (except kudzu) and cook on medium heat for 3 minutes. Dilute kudzu in a small amount of water and slowly add to the pan. The sauce will begin to thicken. Cook 3-5 minutes.