- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, or 2-3 smaller tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 bunch swiss chard (3-4 leaves), chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. each dried oregano and dried thyme
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp. butter (optional)
- Micro basil or 2-3 fresh basil leaves, chopped
Saute onion and garlic in olive oil, on medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add diced tomatoes, oregano, thyme and sea salt, and cook 5-7 minutes. Add swiss chard, shrimp and butter (optional). cover and cook 3-4 minutes or until swiss chard is wilted and shrimp is bright pink. Toss in basil and adjust seasoning. Spoon shrimp, vegetables and liquid from the pan on top of polenta.
- 3 cups water, veggie stock or chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup fine ground organic polenta
Bring water and salt to a boil. Stir in polenta and bring back up to a boil. Lower heat to low and cook until polenta thickens, stirring frequently, 7-10 minutes.
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker and Herbalist. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.