- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, or 2-3 smaller tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 bunch swiss chard (3-4 leaves), chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. each dried oregano and dried thyme
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp. butter (optional)
- Micro basil or 2-3 fresh basil leaves, chopped
Saute onion and garlic in olive oil, on medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add diced tomatoes, oregano, thyme and sea salt, and cook 5-7 minutes. Add swiss chard, shrimp and butter (optional). cover and cook 3-4 minutes or until swiss chard is wilted and shrimp is bright pink. Toss in basil and adjust seasoning. Spoon shrimp, vegetables and liquid from the pan on top of polenta.
- 3 cups water, veggie stock or chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup fine ground organic polenta
Bring water and salt to a boil. Stir in polenta and bring back up to a boil. Lower heat to low and cook until polenta thickens, stirring frequently, 7-10 minutes.