When I was growing up, one of my favorite fast-foods was tacos!
I loved everything about tacos: the choice of protein cooked in hot spices, the tangy slaw, the creamy guacamole, a dollop of sour cream or salsa…
Everything about a taco works. It’s a brilliant little delicious creation stuffed into a tortilla.
I still LOVE tacos to this day.
Except, now, I don’t go to the local fast-food joint for them, I mostly prepare them at home.
You can choose any protein for these tacos: tofu, beef, pork, chicken, fish.
I chose shrimp, because they are so easy to make.
So, if you’re short on time and want a quick meal, try these yummy Shrimp Tacos.
I like to stuff them with my Smoky Spicy Slaw (recipe here)
- Combine the salt and spices and coat the shrimp.
- In a frying pan, heat olive oil on medium/high and add shrimp.
- Cook 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Either roast the tortillas in the oven, or dry roast in a frying pan to get the desired texture.
- Put 3-4 shrimp into each tortilla and top with Spicy Slaw.
- You can also add a dollop of guacamole, salsa or sour cream.
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker, Herbalist and best-selling author. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.
Some recipes and articles on this site may contain affiliate links to products we trust and love. The money received helps keep this website and all of its healthful and delicious content FREE to the public.