I’ve been loving rosemary lately… in everything!
This fragrant culinary herb is being touted for its positive impact on the cardiovascular system and brain health.
That’s a pretty good reason to remember to add rosemary into your next dish. Like this one…
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium sized onion, peeled and diced small
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, minced (can use 3 tsp. dried rosemary)
- 1 & ½ cups grass-fed beef stock or chicken stock
- 28 ounce can of roasted tomatoes
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 & ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ⅛ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup cream or 1 tbsp. butter (optional)
- Put olive oil into a soup pot on medium high heat, and gently saute the rosemary until fragrant (1 minute).
- Add onion and cook until translucent
- Add beef stock, tomatoes, garlic cloves, oregano and sea salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce to simmer, and cook 10 minutes.
- Add pepper.
- Puree soup in a vitamix or food processor for a smoother consistency, and then return to the soup pot.
- Stir in cream or butter and serve!
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker, Herbalist and best-selling author. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.
Some recipes and articles on this site may contain affiliate links to products we trust and love. The money received helps keep this website and all of its healthful and delicious content FREE to the public.