Preheat oven to 350°.
Butterfly the chicken. That means, take kitchen scissors and cut out the backbone/spine out, so the bird can lay flat in a baking pan. Here is a video that shows you how Butterfly a chicken:
Lay the chicken in the pan skin side up.
Season the chicken with sea salt, black pepper and cumin on both sides (top and bottom).
Roast the chicken 12-15 minutes per pound.
Take the chicken out of the oven and let it rest for 1/3 the roasting time.
Top with Rosemary Gravy.
- 1 tbsp. grass-fed butter
- 2 tsp. all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. dried rosemary chopped fine
- Fat drippings from roasting pan
Drain the fat from the bottom of the roasting pan and set aside.
In a small sauce pan sauté butter and flour creating a rue.
Slowly add in the juices and fat from the chicken roasting pan.
Add the chopped rosemary and cook until slightly thickened.
Sauteed Winter Vegetables
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 leek, washed and chopped (use both white and green)
- 2 carrots, cut into thick matchsticks
- 1/4 head cabbage, sliced into thin strips
- 2-3 kale leaves, sliced thin
- 2 tsp. organic olive oil
- A couple of pinches of Sea salt
Put water into a hot sauté pan and add leeks, carrots, cabbage and kale. Cover and steam 2-3 minutes. Uncover and let water evaporate. Drizzle with olive oil and sea salt. Toss in the pan and remove.