- 1 cup organic red quinoa
- 1¾ cup water
- 2 inches, kelp
- 1½ cups black eyed peas, cooked (can use one 15oz can black-eyed peas, rinsed)
- Sea salt
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 shallot, peeled and diced
- Butter lettuce leaves
Rinse quinoa and add to a pot with water and kelp. Bring to a boil. Cover, season with 2 pinches of sea salt, and reduce heat to low. Cook 12-15 minutes. Let cool. In a large mixing bowl, combine cooked quinoa, cooked black eyed peas and diced pepper and shallots. Coat with Chimichurri Dressing (see below). Spoon mixture into butter lettuce cups.
- 1½ cups cilantro, cleaned (or 1 bunch)
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tbsp. fresh oregano (or 2 tsp. dried)
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
Puree all ingredients in a food processor.
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker and Herbalist. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.