- 2 cups organic quinoa, rinsed
- 3¼ cups vegetable stock or water
- 1 grass-fed lamb steak (6-8 oz)
- Cumin, sea salt, black pepper, cinnamon
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 5-6 large basil leaves, sliced thin (chiffonade)
- ¼ cup mint leaves, sliced thin (chiffonade)
- 2-3 tbsp. chopped parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp. white wine vinegar
Place quinoa and vegetable stock into a soup pot and bring to a boil.
Add ¼ tsp. sea salt. Cover, reduce heat to simmer 10-12 minutes. When done, fluff with a fork and let cool to room temperature.
Chop lamb steak into 1 inch bite-sized pieces. Season lamb pieces with cumin, sea salt, black pepper and cinnamon
Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a frying pan (on medium heat) and cook lamb 3-5 minutes, turning to brown each side.
Remove lamb from frying pan and let rest on a plate.
In a large mixing bowl combine cooked quinoa, diced peppers, chopped herbs and cooked lamb. Whisk olive oil plus white wine vinegar, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to coat.