- 1 sleeve whole grain graham crackers (1 cup crumbs)
- 4 -5 tbsp. grass-fed butter softened
- 1 eight oz package neufchutel cheese (or cream cheese) softened
- 1 fifteen ounce can pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp. vanilla flavoring
- 1 cup maple sugar (or other sugar)
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
Preheat oven to 350. Pulse graham crackers in a food processor or blender until it becomes crumbs. In a bowl combine crumbs and butter until moist. Press mixture into a 8 inch pie pan and bake 10 minutes. Let cool. Put cheesecake filling ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Pour liquid ingredients onto the baked graham crust and place into the oven for one hour. Garnish with Candied Nuts.
Candied Nuts Topping:
- Whole walnuts or pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tbsp. butter
Heat maple syrup, vanilla and butter on medium high heat until bubbling and cook 2-3 minutes. Pour hot syrup on top of nuts and let cool completely. Garnish cheesecake with candied nuts. Enjoy!