- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large yellow squash, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp. fresh oregano, minced
- 5-7 basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp. grass-fed buter (optional)
- Whole grain pasta
- Shaved Parmesan cheese
In a deep dish frying pan, saute onion and garlic in olive oil for 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes, zucchini and squash, cover and cook 3-5 minutes. Combine tomato paste and water and add to the pot. Add, oregano, basil and sea salt. Cover and cook on medium heat until squash is soft. Cook pasta al dente. Add cooked pasta into the sauce and toss. Garnish with shaved parmesan.
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker and Herbalist. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.