Like most folks that I know, we have a LOVE for crunchy salty deep-fried corn tortilla chips. Yum!
I could probably eat an entire bag in one sitting.
But, truth be told, deep-fried chips may NOT be the best way to eat tortillas.
At least, not on the daily.
So, if you’re craving some tortilla action, try eating it as a yummy breakfast instead.
It’s as easy as assembling scrambled eggs on top of a pan-fried corn tortilla (sans oil).
I like to keep it really simple and just add a little grated cheese plus a dollop of my favorite homemade Fire Roasted Tomato Salsa.
Boom, done, breakfast is served.
- Heat a dry frying pan on the stovetop (medium heat)
- Add tortilla and cook until warm
- Flip the tortilla and cook on the other side until you achieve desired crispness
- Remove tortilla from the pan and place onto a plate
- In a separate frying pan cook scrambled eggs (1-2 eggs per tortilla)
- Place cooked eggs into the tortilla
- Top with grated cheese
- Garnish with a dollop of salsa and chopped cilantro
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker, Herbalist and best-selling author. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.
Some recipes and articles on this site may contain affiliate links to products we trust and love. The money received helps keep this website and all of its healthful and delicious content FREE to the public.