- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced into crescents
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 3-4 inches kelp, soaked and sliced thin
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 medium-sized celery root (celeriac), peeled and diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4-5 cups chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1½ cups cannelini or white beans , cooked
- 1-2 links chorizo sausage (can use turkey sausage), cut into thin diagonals
- 2-3 kale leaves, ripped into bite-sized pieces
In a soup pot, saute onion in olive oil for 2-3 minutes. Add kelp, sea salt, carrots, celery root, garlic, rosemary, thyme and black pepper, chicken stock and bay leaves. Cover, lower heat to medium, and cook 15 minutes. Add cooked cannelini beans, sausage and kale. Cover, lower heat to simmer and cook 5-10 minutes.
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker and Herbalist. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.
Some recipes and articles on this site may contain affiliate links to products we trust and love. The money received helps keep this website and all of its healthful and delicious content FREE to the public.