I love easy dishes that can be prepared all in one pot. That’s why I love soups and stews!
This Salmon stew is creamy and rich, without cream or butter.
I use white miso to give it that depth of richness and silky flavor. Plus, I used a classic Dashi Broth as the base for extra special flavor.
In this dish, I used quick-cooking golden enoki mushrooms. You can find them in most natural foods stores, specialty markets, Asian market or Whole Foods Market.
And, if you cannot find enokis, simply swap them out for shiitake, oyster, button or cremini mushrooms.
If you use any other mushrooms beside enokis, saute them at the beginning of the cooking process with the onions and ginger. Most mushrooms require a longer cooking time than enokis.
- 1 tbsp. organic unrefined sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. ginger, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 bunch enoki mushrooms (or other mushrooms)
- 6 cups of water, fish stock or dashi broth
- 8 ounces wild salmon, cut into one-ounce pieces
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 4 tbsp. organic white miso (can use chickpea miso, too)
- 2 cups leftover grain (brown rice, noodles, etc.)
- Saute the onion 2-3 minutes.
- Add fish stock and ginger
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Add the salmon, enoki mushrooms and broccoli florets and bring back up to a boil.
- Lower the heat to simmer.
- Dilute miso in a small amount of water and add to the soup.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Ladle soup on top of leftover grain or noodles.
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker, Herbalist and best-selling author. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.
Some recipes and articles on this site may contain affiliate links to products we trust and love. The money received helps keep this website and all of its healthful and delicious content FREE to the public.