I love turkey. Not just at Thanksgiving and Christmas, but all year round.
It’s a poultry protein that works well in my system, and I really enjoy the flaovr.
There are so many recipes that call for chicken, but not as many for turkey.
So, I simply swapped out the chicken breast for turkey breast, in this classic Chicken and Rice (arros con pollo) and it was totally delish!
I hope you enjoy it!
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 leek, cleaned and chopped
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 bell pepper (red, green, orange or yellow), seeded and diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. organic saffron
- 6 cups chicken stock (can use turkey stock, veggie stock, or water)
- 1 large turkey breast, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups white rice (or brown rice soaked overnight)
- 1 & ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- In a deep pot, saute leek, celery, and pepper on medium high heat until wilted (3-4 minutes)
- Season with a little salt
- Add tomato, garlic, rosemary, thyme, saffron and another pinch of salt
- Cook 2-3 minutes
- Add stock, turkey and rice, and remaining salt and pepper
- Cover and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook 40 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning if needed
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker, Herbalist and best-selling author. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.
Some recipes and articles on this site may contain affiliate links to products we trust and love. The money received helps keep this website and all of its healthful and delicious content FREE to the public.