Holiday time means it’s gravy time!
Try this simple and delicious mushroom gravy that you can put onto roasted veggies, chicken, turkey or other meat.
I like to use it on this Quinoa Stuffed Roasted Squash recipe. This recipe would be a good choice for a “meatless Monday.”
I used rice flour to make this gluten-free. But, you can use any other flour.
- 2 tbsp. butter (can use olive oil)
- 2 shallots, peeled and minced
- 1 cup button or cremini mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 tsp. dried tarragon
- ½ tsp. real salt
- 1 cup veggie stock or chicken stock
- 2-3 tbsp. brown rice flour or other flour
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- On medium heat, sauté butter, shallots, with a pinch of sea salt for 1-2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and tarragon, stock, remaining salt and cover.
- Cook mushrooms 5-7 minutes.
- In two tbsp. cold water, dissolve the flour and slowly add to the pot, stirring frequently.
- Cook 3-5 minutes or until gravy thickens (more flour will make the gravy thicker).
- Season to taste.
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker, Herbalist and best-selling author. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.
Some recipes and articles on this site may contain affiliate links to products we trust and love. The money received helps keep this website and all of its healthful and delicious content FREE to the public.