This cranberry sauce is not only delicious, but it’s also got healing properties as well.
I’ve combined tart cranberries with sweet and spicy Mulled Apple Cider.
Cranberries are rich in antioxidants, and they’ve been linked to a lower risk of urinary tract infections and decreased blood pressure.
The mulled cider contains these medicinal spices:
- Cinnamon sticks: inner bark of a tree used for warming the kidneys, contains natural antiseptic and anesthetic compound (eugenol) that can kill bacteria and viruses, prevent infection, and ease pain
- Cloves: dried flower buds from an evergreen tree used as a pain-relieving anesthetic
- Allspice: berries that contain eugenol which is antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and infection fighter
So, put a dollop, or more, on your holiday plate and enjoy this delicious and healing cranberry sauce.
Wishing you a happy, healthy and delicious holiday season.
- Wrap mulling spices in a cheese cloth.
- Bring apple juice and mulling spices up to a boil.
- Cover and simmer 25-30 minutes.
- Add the cranberries and sugar, and bring back up to a boil.
- Lower heat to medium/low and cook 30 minutes or until most of the cranberries have popped.
- Remove the cheesecloth/mulling spices and discard.
- With a fork or whisk, mash the remaining cranberries.
- Taste it.
- If it's not sweet enough with ¾ cup sugar add more.
- I like my cranberries to be a little tart so I use ¾ cup sugar.
- This cranberry sauce can also be used as a jam to spread on your fave bread.
- It's delicious!
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker and Herbalist. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.
Some recipes and articles on this site may contain affiliate links to products we trust and love. The money received helps keep this website and all of its healthful and delicious content FREE to the public.