- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 leek, cleaned and chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
- 5 cups bone stock (beef or chicken)
- 2 carrots, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 summer squash, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced or 1/2 can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. dried thyme or 1 tbsp. fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup kamut elbow pasta (or other pasta)
- 1 1/2 cups kidney beans, cooked
- 2-3 swiss chard leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp. parsley, minced
Saute leek in butter and olive oil 2-3 minutes. Add garlic, carrots, squash, tomatoes, bone stock, sea salt and thyme. Cover and cook on medium high heat for 7-10 minutes. Add pasta, cooked kidney beans, and Swiss chard. Cook an additional 7-10 minutes. Garnish with parsley.
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker and Herbalist. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.
Recipes and articles on this site may contain affiliate links.