I’m a big fan of dandelion greens. Especially, during the spring season or whenever I’m feeling the need for a detox/cleanse.
Fair advance warning… dandelion is bitter as heck!
It is an exceptional plant to improve the health of your liver and your heart.
You can read more about that here: How do you feel about this weed?
But, if you marinate those bitter greens, they become more palatable.
Try this Marinated Dandelion salad to see what I mean.
- 1 bunch dandelion greens, cleaned and chopped
- 6-7 red radishes, sliced into thin half moons
- 3-4 scallions, chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. local honey
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Combine dandelion greens, radishes and scallions in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk olive oil, apple cider vinegar and honey.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing over salad.
- Toss and marinate 20 minutes (or overnight in the refrigerator for best results).
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker, Herbalist and best-selling author. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.
Some recipes and articles on this site may contain affiliate links to products we trust and love. The money received helps keep this website and all of its healthful and delicious content FREE to the public.