- 1 medium sized daikon root, cut into matchsticks
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. maple syrup or local honey
- 1 tsp. ginger juice (freshly grated ginger squeezed)
- 2-3 pinches sea salt
- ¼ cup snow pea shoots
- 1 tsp. black sesame seeds, toasted
Put daikon and carrot matchsticks into a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl whisk sesame oil, lemon juice, maple syrup, ginger juice and sea salt. Pour dressing on top of vegetables and marinate thirty minutes or longer, tossing one or two times. Add snow pea shoots and black sesame seeds. Toss once more and serve.
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker and Herbalist. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.