- 1 1/2 cups Garbanzo beans, cooked (can use canned)
- 8-10 cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 3-4 black olive, pitted and chopped
- 3 shallots, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. fresh oregano, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
- Lettuce leaves
Place cooked beans, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and black olives into a mixing bowl. Whisk shallots, oregano, olive oil, vinegar and season with sea salt and pepper to taste. Combine beans with dressing. Place 1/2 cup bean mixture in individual lettuce leaves. Garnish with crumbled feta cheese.
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker and Herbalist. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.