Maple Roasted Duck
- 1 naturally raised duck (5-7 pounds)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. shoyu or natural soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice and 1 tsp. Zest
- Preheat oven to 300-315°.
- Score the duck skin on both breast side and back of duck, but do not cut into the flesh. Poke the skin with a knife all over to help release the fat while it cooks.
- Season the duck with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the duck, breast side down, into a roasting pan for one hour.
- After the first hour, carefully flip the duck over and roast another hour.
- After the second hour flip the duck back over and roast one hour. Remember to prick the duck with a knife to help release the fat onto the skin.
- On the final hour, flip the duck breast side up, and baste with Maple Dressing, every 15 minutes until brown and crispy. The full amount of time should be about approximately 4 hours. It may seem like a long process, but the results are absolutely delicious!
Want more? Get this and other recipes in Andrea’s Book:
Health Is Wealth – Make a Delicious Investment in You!