- 1 tbsp. butter or olive oil
- 8-12 oz. pastured lamb stew meat, cubed, seasoned with salt, pepper and cumin
- 2 onions, peeled and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups water or stock
- 1 cup organic red wine
- Dash of cardamom
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 2 carrots, chopped into 2-3 inch pieces
- 1 parsnip, chopped into 2-3 inch pieces
- 1 medium potato, chopped into 1-2 inch cubes
- 2 collard green leaves, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
In a soup pot, sear lamb cubes until lightly browned. Add onions and garlic and cook 2-3 minutes.
Add stock, red wine, dried rosemary, cardamom, cinnamon and bring to a boil.
Cover and reduce heat to medium/low for 45 minutes.
Add carrots, parsnip, and potato and cook 30-40 minutes.
Add collard greens, sea salt and black pepper and cook an additional 5-10 minutes.
Season with chopped parsley.
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker and Herbalist. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.
Some recipes and articles on this site may contain affiliate links to products we trust and love. The money received helps keep this website and all of its healthful and delicious content FREE to the public.