- 3 inch piece of kelp, soaked and sliced thin
- 1 onion, cut into thin crescents
- 2 cups of squash, cut into 1 inch thick pieces
- 1 parsnip, cut into 1/2 inch diagonals
- 1/2 cup water
- Shoyu or Tamari (wheat-free soy sauce)
- Parsley, minced
Place kelp at the bottom of a frying pan. Lay onion, squash and parsnip on top and add water. Bring to a boil and cover. Lower the heat to medium/low and cook 20-25 minutes (add more water if needed). Drizzle with shoyu and continue cooking until all the liquid has been absorbed (5-7 minutes). Garnish with fresh parsley.