- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 leek, cleaned and cut into 1 inch pieces (use both white and green part of leek)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 5 cups chicken stock (or water)
- 2 cans lentils, rinsed
- 2 parsnips, diced into ½ inch pieces
- 3 carrots, diced into ½ inch pieces
- 1 medium celeriac root, peeled and diced into ½ inch cubes
- 1 yukon gold potato, diced into ½ inch cubes
- 2 tbsp. fresh thyme
- 1½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 package Applegate Farms Turkey Sausage (4 links), diced
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
Saute leek and garlic 2-3 minutes. Add chicken stock, parsnips, carrots, celeriac root, potato, thyme, sea salt and black pepper. Cover and bring to a boil. Lower flame to medium and cook 20-25 minutes. Remove 1/3 of the ingredients and puree in a food processor or blender. Return the puree to the soup. Add cooked lentils (or canned lentils, rinsed), turkey sausage and parsley and cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
Yield: 6 Servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Round Out the Meal: Steamed Kale
Kid Friendly: All meals are kid friendly!
Wine Pairing: Water is best with this dense and hearty stew
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker and Herbalist. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.
Some recipes and articles on this site may contain affiliate links to products we trust and love. The money received helps keep this website and all of its healthful and delicious content FREE to the public.