According to the World Health Organization, heart disease is the number killer of men and women around the world for the past 15 years!
Egads! This is a HUGE problem.
One of the biggest tragedies about heart disease is that the vast majority is preventable. I covered that in depth in an article here: Supporting Heart Health
Today, I’m sharing with you a very special tea with a particular ingredient that has been used for centuries to regulate the heartbeat and strengthen the heart muscle.
With our devastating heart disease statistics, this tea is needed now more than ever.
The main ingredient is Hawthorn Berries (Crataegus laevigata). According to modern nutritional science, Hawthorn leaves, flowers and fruits contain compounds that dilate coronary vessels and lower blood pressure. The herb has been used to treat a wide range of heart conditions, including hypertension related to a weak heart, angina, arteriosclerosis, the early stages of congestive heart failure, age-related heart disorders, and arrhythmia.”
Well, that just about covers everything!
The other ingredients in this tea help support the heart in a variety of ways.
- Nettles (Urtica dioica) nourishes the kidneys and helps build the blood.
- Violet (Viola odorata) is moistening and contains a small amount of salicylic acid.
- Red clover (Trifolium pretense) supports the lymphatic system.
- Motherwort (Leonurus cardiaca) as it’s Latin name implies is cardiotonic and benefits the entire cardiovascular system.
Don’t fall victim to the staggering statistics of heart disease. Enjly this tea 2-3 times per day, and start strengthening your heart with every sip.
- Put all ingredients into a French press or a 32 ounce mason jar
- Cover with boiling water
- Steep 30-45 minutes or ideally, overnight
 Rodale’s 21st Century Herbal , Michael J. Balick, Phd., Rodale 2014, p148