Andrea Beaman, host of Veria TV’s popular cooking shows, Fed Up! and Wise Up and author “The Whole Truth,” is a nationally recognized natural foods chef and health expert. The former contestant on Season 1 of Top Chef puts people on the road to a healthy and tasty future with simple, mouth-watering and wholesome recipes. She prepared a healthy Thanksgiving dish STUFFED DELICATA SQUASH (recipe below).
The new season of her show Fed Up! airs on Veria TV on December 6th at the following times:
Friday, Saturday, Sunday 8:30 PM ET
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 5:30 PM ET
Veria TV is a new healthy lifestyle and wellness TV network (Channel 218 on Dish Network and Channel 162 on Verizon FiOS).
Beaman made her own personal journey from thyroid disease and poor eating choices to a healthy, active lifestyle by integrating natural ingredients, organic foods and a regular fitness routine. Infused with humor, in depth knowledge about food, and over 120 easy recipes, Beaman and her show give everyday people the tools they need to face their kitchen, and health, head on. She makes it easy, fun and rewarding to prepare delicious, yet healthy food – whether you’re a stay-at-home Mom, a busy professional or avid foodie.
STUFFED DELICATA SQUASH
- 2 delicata squash, seeds removed and quartered (can use other squash)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2-3 celery sticks, diced
- 1/2 cup quinoa (whole grain)
- 1 cup water or vegetable stock
- 2-3 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 2 links organic, free range turkey sausage
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 stick of butter
- Fresh sage
- Fresh thyme
- Fresh rosemary
- Roasting pan
- Gravy or sauce pot
- Sautee pans with lids (2)
- Measuring cup
- Serving spoons
- Serving plates
- Wooden spoons (2)
- Cut off ends of squash and slice it in half length-wise
- Scoop and seeds and bake at 350 degrees until roasted
- Take remaining ingredients and sauté in olive oil to create the stuffing.
- Pour stuffing on top of squash