- 1 nectarine (better if not fully ripe)
- 4 cups baby arugula, rinsed and dried
- 2 shallots, peeled and sliced thin
- 6-7 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup extra virgin organic olive oil
- 2 tbsp. organic balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4-5 basil leaves, sliced thin
Heat a grill pan on medium/high. Halve the nectarine and discard the pit. Slice the nectarine into 1/8 inch thick pieces. Brush the nectarine slices with olive oil and season with a dash of sea salt and place them onto the grill. Sear 2-3 minutes on each side (or until you can see the grill marks). Remove grilled nectarine pieces and set aside.
In a large salad bowl combine arugula, shallots, and cherry tomatoes. Whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar, remaining sea salt, and freshly ground pepper. Pour onto salad and toss. Top the salad with slices of grilled nectarine and basil. Enjoy!