- 1 eight ounce package Udon Noodles
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. ginger, peeled and minced
- 8-12 ounces chicken breast, cut into thin strips (season with sea salt and cumin)
- 1/2 head Chinese cabbage, sliced thin
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced thin
- Sea salt
- 2-3 tbsp. organic tamari or shoyu
- 2 tbsp. mirin (rice wine)
- Cilantro, minced
Cook noodles according to the directions on the package. While noodles are cooking, heat coconut oil and ginger in a skillet. Sauté chicken cubes 1-2 minutes. With tongs, remove chicken from the pan. Add more oil if needed and sauté Chinese cabbage 2-3 minutes with a pinch of sea salt. Add red pepper and another pinch of sea sea salt. Add tamari and mirin and saute vegetables 2-3 minutes until lightly cooked and crisp. Return chicken to the skillet with the vegetables. Toss cooked noodles with sautéed chicken and vegetables. Garnish with minced cilantro.
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker and Herbalist. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.