When people take on a health and wellness lifestyle I always hear the same thing… “how much dessert can I have?”
It’s funny that the first thing that pops up for most folks is their fear of not being able to have sweets.
Understandably, in the beginning stages of healing any disease, you certainly want to reduce the amount of sweet treats in your diet. But, depending on your health and activity levels, you won’t have to take them out forever.
Besides, a little bit of sweet dessert isn’t the culprit for bad health for the majority of people. Mostly, people are getting too many sweets in the form of soda, candy, chocolate (yes, chocolate) and other sweet treats that they eat on a daily basis.
The key to good health is moderation. That means, don’t eat dessert every day, or after every meal. Enjoy a good quality dessert 1x per week.
When you’re ready for your weekly treat, try this yummy Ginger Scented Blueberry Crumble. And, then… go for a brisk walk to ensure your body is using up that sugar.
- Preheat oven to 375. Rinse blueberries and place into a 9x12 baking dish.
- Combine ginger, cardamom, ½ cup of sugar, lime, vanilla and ¼ tsp. sea salt.
- Pour mixture onto blueberries and toss to coat evenly.
- Put the rolled oats into a blender or food processor and pulse until you achieve a flour-like consistency.
- Put oat flour into a large mixing bowl.
- Add cinnamon, remaining ½ cup of sugar and ¼ tsp. sea salt.
- Cut up the butter into small ½ inch chunks and combine with the flour until you get a crumbly texture.
- Place the crumbles on top of the blueberries.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.