Eggs are easy.
If I’m ever stuck in a pinch and don’t know what to prepare, I cook eggs.
Not only are they delicious, but eggs are also rich in:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin K
- Vitamin B2
- Vitamin B3
- Vitamin B5
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B12
Wow! It’s like they are totally a superfood.
No wonder Rocky Balboa used to drink them for breakfast!
If you are too young to know who Rocky is…. watch this 1-minute clip: https://youtu.be/HF86HqHzfDw
Me… I’d rather cook my eggs than drink them raw.
After you finish preparing this eggcellent recipe, sit down and watch the full Rocky movie for some awesome inspiration. It’s a classic!
- 2 slices of turkey bacon (or pork bacon)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ medium sized onion, peeled and diced
- 4 baby bellas or crimini mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 yukon gold potato, diced into ¼ inch cubes
- ½ red or orange bell pepper, seeded, ribs removed and sliced into thin pieces
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 8 eggs
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme
- ½ tsp. Sea salt
- ¼ cup Parsley, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In an 8 inch frying pan, cook bacon until crispy. Remove bacon from the pan, dice, and set aside.
- If you used pork bacon, use the fat from the bacon to saute the vegetables.
- If you used turkey bacon there will be no fat in the pan. Use olive oil to saute the onions.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add mushrooms to the pan, another pinch of sea salt, cover and cook 4-5 minutes.
- Add potatoes plus butter, another pinch of salt, cover and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Toss in the peppers.
- Whisk the eggs, thyme, parsley, in a bowl.
- Pour the eggs into the frying pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker, Herbalist and best-selling author. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.
Some recipes and articles on this site may contain affiliate links to products we trust and love. The money received helps keep this website and all of its healthful and delicious content FREE to the public.