- 1 head Romaine lettuce, cleaned and chopped into bite sized pieces.
- 1 small red onion, or 1 shallot, peeled and sliced thin crescents
- 1/2 cup whole grain croutons
- Caesar Salad Dressing
Combine salad ingredients and coat with Caesar Salad Dressing (see below).Garnish with whole grain croutons.
Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2-3 anchovy fillets
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup freshly grated imported parmesan cheese
Sea salt & black pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender.