- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 6-8 ounces pastured chicken breast seasoned with sea salt, black pepper, cumin, cayenne pepper
- Caesar Salad Dressing
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce, washed and chopped into bite sized pieces.
- 1 small red onion, or 1 shallot, peeled and sliced into thin crescents
- 1/2 cup Herbed Crunchy Croutons
Add coconut oil to a frying pan on medium/high heat. Pan sear chicken 3-4 minutes on one side (cover the frying pan with a lid). Flip the chicken breast and cook on the opposite side 3-4 minutes, uncovered. Remove chicken breast from the pan and let it rest 8-10 minutes. While the chicken breast is resting, prepare the Caesar Salad Dressing. Chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Put chopped lettuce, onion and chicken into a large bowl and toss with Caesar Salad Dressing (see below). Garnish with Herbed Crunchy Croutons.
Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. mayonaise (optional for creamier consistency)
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup freshly grated imported parmesan cheese
Sea salt & black pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender.