- 4 cups fish stock or water
- 2 inches kombu, soaked and sliced thin
- 1 tbsp. ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 3 to 4 tablespoons shoyu
- 2 tbsp. mirin, rice cooking wine
- 3 to 4 shitake mushroom, stems removed and sliced thin
- 1 carrot, matchsticks
- 8 ounces black cod, diced into 1 to 2 ounce pieces
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- Sea salt
- Peanut oil (or other oil)
- ½ pakage (8-ounce) soba noodles, cooked
- 2 scallions, minced
Bring stock, kombu, ginger, shoyu and mirin to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and add shitake mushrooms and carrots. Season the flour with salt and coat the cod. Heat peanut oil in a frying pan on medium high heat. Add cod and cook until lightly browned on both sides. Place a portion of cooked soba noodles into the bottom of a soup bowl and cover with vegetables and broth. Top with crispy cod. Garnish with scallions.
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker and Herbalist. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.