- 2 heads Romaine lettuce, washed and chopped into bite sized pieces.
- 1 small red onion, or 1 shallot, peeled and sliced into thin crescents
- Caesar Salad Dressing
- 6-8 oz. grilled pastured chicken, cut into 1 inch chunks (optional)
- 1/2 cup Herbed Crunchy Croutons
- 1 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
Combine chopped lettuce, onion and diced chicken into a large bowl. Toss and coat evenly with Caesar Salad Dressing (see below). Garnish with Herbed Crunchy Croutons and parmesan cheese.
Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. mayonaise (optional for creamier consistency)
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup freshly grated imported parmesan cheese
Sea salt & black pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender.