- 2 heads Romaine lettuce, washed and chopped into bite sized pieces.
- 1 small red onion, or 1 shallot, peeled and sliced into thin crescents
- Caesar Salad Dressing
- 6-8 oz. grilled pastured chicken, cut into 1 inch chunks (optional)
- 1/2 cup Herbed Crunchy Croutons
- 1 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
Combine chopped lettuce, onion and diced chicken into a large bowl. Toss and coat evenly with Caesar Salad Dressing (see below). Garnish with Herbed Crunchy Croutons and parmesan cheese.
Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. mayonaise (optional for creamier consistency)
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup freshly grated imported parmesan cheese
Sea salt & black pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender.
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker and Herbalist. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.