- 2 tbsp. butter, or olive oil
- 1 leek, cleaned and chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped (woody stems removed)
- 2-3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium red potato, diced
- 5 cups chicken stock, vegetable stock or water
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Black pepper
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
Put butter in a medium-sized soup pot on medium heat. Add leek, asparagus and garlic, and sauté 2-3 minutes. Add potato, stock and sea salt and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to simmer, 10-15 minutes. Remove vegetables and puree in a food processor or blender. Add back to the pot, season with sea salt and black pepper to taste. Garnish with asparagus tips and parmesan cheese.
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker and Herbalist. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.